Helping You Understand The Probate Process
The probate process is necessary when a person dies owning assets in their name alone without a beneficiary named. Drafting a will does not avoid probate, but it does give one control to state how they desire their assets to be distributed. Without a will a person dies intestate, and Florida statutes set out how their assets will be distributed.
At Karlson Law Group, we boast extensive experience in Florida probate law. Our attorneys assist clients as they seek to:
- Probate decedent’s estate
- Provide Formal Notice to interested parties, as necessary
- Advise personal representative on gathering, preservation and distribution of probate assets
- Notify decedent’s creditors
- Assist with filing court Inventory
- Petition for Determination of Homestead
- Petition for Determination of Exempt Personal Property
- Disclose Personal Representative duties in regard to taxes
- Bring probate to a close in a timely manner
Our firm is prepared to help you as you navigate probate. We have almost 30 years of experience filing probates all over the state of Florida. Choose to have a committed probate attorney by your side during this process.
Consult With An Attorney Today
To speak with a probate lawyer, call us today at 863-465-5033. We serve neighboring geographies Sebring, Avon Park, Wauchula and Okeechobee from our office in Lake Placid. For your convenience, we are also available by email via our contact form.