Long-Term Health Care Planning Can Give You Valuable Peace Of Mind
When looking ahead to your twilight years, it is important to consider your goals. While the lifestyle you would like to live is certainly important, so too is the health care that you wish to receive. By planning ahead, you can greatly limit any potential burdens on yourself and your loved ones, and an experienced lawyer can help you get there.
At our firm, Karlson Law Group, we are committed to offering our clients compassionate and thorough health care planning solutions. From our office in Lake Placid, we are pleased to serve an assortment of clients throughout Highlands County, and we can help you as well.
Determining The Best Path For You
Our firm recognizes your long-term plans are unique to your needs. We can help you assess what your best options are for living a comfortable life while preserving your assets and wishes. Some of the services we can offer you include:
- Medicaid planning: We can help you position yourself and your finances to maximize your Assisted Living and Nursing Home Medicaid benefits. This includes the creation of Irrevocable Special Care Trusts, Income-Cap Trusts, Personal Service Contracts, Irrevocable 5-year Lookback Trusts, and other planning tools unique to Florida’s Institutional Care Program and/or Medicaid Waiver Program.
- Veteran’s benefits: If you have served your country, you are entitled to certain benefits and care. Let us help you determine what benefits are available to you. We are a VA accredited law firm.
- Long-term care planning: If you or a loved one is entering a nursing home, our attorneys can help you get your legal affairs in order.
- Advanced health care directives: We can assist you in thinking about the care you would like to receive should you be unable to make those eventual decisions and assist in naming the individuals you would want to make those decisions on your behalf should the need arise.
Did You Know
- “Crisis Medicaid Planning” is when someone faces an immediate need for long-term care or is already in a skilled nursing facility.
- Through advancements in medicine, people are living longer than ever before.
- Nursing home and medical costs continue to rise.
- Contrary to popular belief, Medicare does not pay for the cost of long-term care.
Our attorneys have the experience and knowledge to help you devise a plan that best suits your interests. We maintain a focus on helping our Florida clients plan for whatever the future may bring.
Talk To An Experienced Elder Law Attorney Today
To learn more about what health care planning options may be available to you, contact us today. We serve neighboring geographies Sebring, Avon Park, Okeechobee, Arcadia and Wauchula from our law office in Lake Placid. We are available by phone at 863-465-5033, as well as via email.