Estate Planning Lawyers Serving The Lake Placid Area And Beyond Since 1994
Estate planning is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself and your family. Having your final wishes explained in detail can ensure your estate is distributed according to your plan. Unfortunately, too many people hesitate to set up plans because the process seems confusing or intimidating. We are here to answer your questions and offer our expertise to guide you in accomplishing your goals legally.
You do not have to navigate Florida’s estate planning laws by yourself. Our estate planning attorneys at Karlson Law Group, are here to help you. We have prepared estate plans for Highlands County residents for almost 30 years. Thanks to our decades of experience helping thousands of clients, we know how to translate your complex estate planning needs into a customized plan you can count on. Our founding attorney, Pamela T. Karlson, is board-certified in real estate law, giving us an advantage when it comes to planning the transfer of your family home and other property. Our clients trust us to give them practical advice and prepare their plans according to their stated goals.
Planning For Your Tomorrow
We will work with you to prepare all necessary estate planning documents. Some examples of estate planning documents we use in our practice include but are not limited to the following:
- A Last Will and Testament gifts your property to your beneficiaries through the probate process.
- A Living Trust gifts your property to your beneficiaries through a trust administration process and avoids probate.
- A Durable Power of Attorney appoints someone you trust to make financial decisions for you as your fiduciary.
- A Designation of Health Care Surrogate appoints someone you trust to make medical decisions on your behalf as your fiduciary.
- A Living Will sets out in advance the level of life-saving medical care you would want if you become incapacitated and unable to communicate with your doctors.
With our help, you will have a plan that fits you and your family best. And as time goes on and circumstances change, we will be there to amend your plan.
Our Estate Planning Lawyers Are Ready To Assist You
Contact our lawyers today to learn more about how we can help you. To arrange for a consultation, call us at 863-465-5033. We serve neighboring geographies Sebring, Avon Park and Okeechobee from our office in Lake Placid. We are also available by email.